Thursday 10 May 2012

Cleaning causes chaos

I have decided that cleaning up a cluttered area just causes more chaos.

I have been trying to clean up my studio.  I have a piano studio that I teach out of part time.  It also has my desk and my card making stuff.  It also ia a place to stash all my fibre for spinning and dying.  Then it became a place to stash all the supplies for the up-cycled sweater coats.
Now it looks like a dorm room had a party in there.

I decided to clean up.  Start with one wall and work around.  All it seems to have done is push the stuff like a snow plow around and made it look worse.

The kids de-cluttered their rooms this past weekend and brought up all the stuff they don't want.  Some of it I am selling, all that is stored in the living room. 

The working parts of the 'for sale' stuff is all over the dining room.

Right now it looks like I should call the producers of Hoarders and get an intervention.

Wifey made a beautiful new up-cycled pixie coat and I wanted to take a picture of it.  I tried to frame it to miss all the crap piled up in the room and decided to not even try.  It was futile.  Then I alsmost started taking picutres of the piles and laughing at the total absurdity of it all. 

Ah well - I have the weekend at home and I know what I will be doing!

Tomorrow night I get to take my lovely daughter to her tap solo festival competition.  Should be fun - I haven't seen her dance this number yet so it will be a surprise :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Carolyn
    carolynfallon3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete