Thursday 24 March 2011

And so it begins

The first time the idea of writing down stories about my life became forefront to my mind I was at my sons soccer game.  It was a Satruday morning a number of years ago.  The weather was beautiful.  I was sitting on the bleachers drinking my coffee along with many other parents.  We were all watching our kids play soccer.  All the other parents were sitting there chatting with each other about regular everyday things.  I was sitting off to the side alone sewing together little bits of paper into hand made books.  It was at that moment I realized that I was not like other soccer moms. 

I started thinking about how I juggled my schedule with so many activities and when I would try to explain my life to most people they would look at me like I was insane.  Things that I though were normal every day things apparently were not. 

I started joking that I should write a book and call it Memoirs of a Medivalist Soccer Mom. 

Then my life got a bit more complex.  I kept adding adjecitives to it until it finally has become Memoirs of a Bisexual, Polyamorous, Kinky, Medievalist Soccer Mom.  That comes closer . . . .

Plus there is the teenage hormonal daughter, the pre-teen son with behavioural challenges, the live-in Father in Law and of course everyday struggles of money, career, going back to school, teaching music, making time for two full time partners, and trying to juggle it all and still have time to not lose my mind.

I hope this journey of recording and remembering many things about my life is a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment