Tuesday 24 April 2012

U is for Uppity

People who are uppity make me laugh.  If the term uppity is not in your vocabulary then I am not overly surprised.  It is a term I used to refer to people who are overly tense, proper, look down their nose at you, and are generally judgemental.

I am not uppity - I am the complete opposite.

I have never understood the need to break another down to raise your self up in your own mind.  I just do not get it.  Uppity people get so worked up over things that really have no bearing on life in general.

I have tried to understand, I have tried to listen to see if I am missing out on a part of life by being so relaxed about stuff.  I just can't seem to get worked up about what other people are wearing or how my friends actions make me look etc. 

I have even tried to learn from the cast of all the 'Real Housewives' shows.  I have decided that New Jersey was my favorite because they are hysterical.  Then New York because of the Countess - lots of Uppity lessons from her.  The OC because they live in their own little world and I think that it may be nice to visit.  Now Atlanta is an odd collections of ladies.  Then Vancouver started and I thought maybe I could relate to my Canadian peeps on the level of Uppity . . . oh my.  I didn't even last an entire episode - not sure what they are drinking in the water in Vancouver on that side of town but wow . . . . I will skip it next time I visit.

So I go back to my non-uppity life and hang out and just generally exist. . . . one day maybe I will understand what I am missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment